Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

How I saved the earth today . . .

I hadn't read my friend, Lisa's, blog lately, so decided to catch up.  Seems she's started a new blog entitled "How I Saved the Earth Today."  The premise is that if every one does only one thing a day to recycle, use local resources, save water, etc., we can, together, make a big dent in the environmental mess we've made here.  So . . . today I begin to post at least one thing a day I've done to save the earth.  Here goes:

This morning I turned off the automatic sprinkler that was watering an area that didn't need watering.  I love my sprinkler system because I can't leave a sprinkler running by accident and water the gutter, which used to be a common occurrence in my pre-sprinkler days.  But sometimes the sun doesn't roast each spot around the house equally.  So today I turned off the sprinkler.  I'm not feeling all that self-righteous (yet), but I'm going to work on it.

So, what are you doing to save the earth?

No comments:

Post a Comment