Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Organizing

I spent several hours today trying to get my knitting/sewing/office organized and useable. Yikes. What a mess!!!

My circular needles were so out of control it was ridiculous. I've tried several methods, but I finally pulled out a "Blessing Ring" I'd purchased awhile back for organizing cards (birthday, Christmas, Mother's Day, etc.). In case you're interested, here's a link to show you what a Blessing Ring is: http://www.heartsdesireonline.com/blessingrings.html I purchased it at the Bookstore/Gift Shop at my church (http://christchurchplano.org/). I marked 1 quart Ziploc freezer bags with the size and length of the needles, then hole-pinched the bags in the top left corner, and hung the bags in order on the Blessing Ring. I'll probably get a different ring, but for now they're organized, out of bags and boxes where I couldn't find a thing. They're organized and easily accessible. I might also the the same ring to organize my double-pointed needles. I have them in a long wooden box now and they're neat and all in one place. But finding a set isn't all that easy. I think I can do better. I joined the "organization" group of Ravelry and have started reading those ideas. The best one, I think, was for a worm organizer from Bass Pro Shop. Sounds like it's the best way to organize these. But I'm happy with what I've done so far. Next job is to get my stash organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment