Pages

Friday, February 27, 2009

Crazy week . . .

This week has been awesome and crazy . . . I did a lot of stuff I wanted to do, and some stuff I really didn't want to do. But in the end it was all good.

I've been avoiding Heather because I want to spend hours and hours with her catching up, and I've been so dang busy I haven't had the time. Today I call Heather so we can have lunch one day next week. She's my idol, and I want to catch up and see where she is in her life. She's an awesome person--finishing her degree so she can open up a school and orphanage! Wow . . . fantastic goals!!

This week I embroidered towels and pillowcases for Rowan for her birthday. I did white on white pillowcases, and purple on lavendar towels. The towels are in the machine being embroidered as we speak, but here's a picture of the pillowcase--can you see the "R." It turned out really pretty (thankfully--I'm such a novice).







I knit on Monday with Susanne. Her weekly group met to knit cup sleeves at Startucks to sell, and the proceeds to go the SPCA of Texas (I love the SPCA).




So if you can't knit but want to do something for the SPCA, you can give a donation too!!! https://secure2.convio.net/tspca/site/Donation?ACTION=SHOW_DONATION_OPTIONS&CAMPAIGN_ID=1044&JServSessionIdr006=w04yfgyqt3.app25a

I went to Bible study Monday night. I decided I was going to do the book of Esther with my old group from Christ Church. So I got my workbook and went. It was so great to be with them. There were several new people, but many of the old ones--Denise, Sandy, Kim . . . I love them to death!!!

Knit with my sweet friends at TI on Tuesday . . . we also had taco salads together from Wendy's. It was great fun. I love those girls!!!

Wednesday I spent the day getting caught up . . . since I joined the Bible study in week 4, I have three weeks of Bible study to catch up with. I don't think it will be a problem. I did the introduction and two weeks. Today (Friday), I plan to get caught up totally. So when I attend again next week, I'll be caught up. I also went to church Wednesday night--to St. Barnabas. We were members there 20 years ago but left to join a larger church (Epiphany), then later went on to join an even larger church (Christ Church). St. Barnabas is really, really small--I'd forgotten how small. They also now have a large Hispanic population, so the service was down half in English, half in Spanish. And they had no music except for taped accompanyment. Very different from what I've become used to. I have to say, however, that the clergy were excellent--really spirit filled and so committed to what they were teaching. All-in-all an excellent service. I'm glad I went.

Thursday I went with Riann to have Rowan's two-year old pictures done. Here's a short preview of some of the picture. Soooooo cute . . . http://amycolumbusphotography.com/blog/

And last, but not least . . . today is Rowan's birthday. Here she is after having been to Albertson's to pick up her birthday cupcakes to share with her classmates . . . and getting a hug and a kiss -- AND A DOLLAR -- from the lady at Albertson's bakery (they're so sweet!!!). Enjoy . . .

Well . . . I intended to insert a video here, but for some reason blogger.com doesn't like my video . . . sorry.

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment